Architecture Lead - Strategy & Governance | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Opportunity to lead the Enterprise Architecture activities establishing strategy and governance to support enterprise outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Architecture Lead – Strategy & Governance within our Central Business function. This role will ideally be based out of Adelaide, Melbourne or Newcastle however we can be flexible to accommodate other locations within Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will engage with key stakeholders within the business and IT function to lead the creation of effective roadmaps, options analysis and solution designs to ensure that solutions meet business needs and are supported by architectural governance, policies and standards. Strong leadership, engagement and relationship skills that support effective, reliable and secure outcomes for our customers is key.
As Architecture Lead – Strategy & Governance you will be accountable for these core focus areas:
- Proactively and holistically lead and support Enterprise Architecture activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions within the defined enterprise capabilities/projects/programs
- Leadership, relationship management and execution of EA services with specific focus on enabling enterprise strategy through the four architecture layers of Business, Information, Application and Technology
- Establishing, managing and maturing appropriate governance, standards and guardrails, guiding and influencing strategy, technology roadmaps and providing direction to drive efficiencies in overall IM&T service delivery, quality and integrity
- Providing leadership, support and advice ensuring high quality consultation, guidance, deliverables and architectural design
- Building, facilitating and maintaining positive, effective and lasting relationships through transparent and high integrity services ensuring feedback mechanisms are established
- Managing team services with a focus on consistency and delivering value and positive customer experience and outcomes
- Ensuring team services comply with and leverage IM&T policies, governance, standards, principles, functional framework and that the required Technical Authority delegations are in place and adhered to
- Providing leadership and guidance to ensure transparency across the portfolio of programs and projects to ensure the holistic IM&T teams have the required visibility and consultation leading into execution phases and sustainable support
- Establishing, maturing and managing associated roadmaps to aid in proactive planning and delivery and ultimately achieve strategic outcomes
- Ensuring team translates business strategy into solutions architecture, leading solutions design and analysis, orchestrating solutions delivery, and facilitating and collaborating to deliver business outcomes
- Managing the delivery of EA services with a focus on integrity, efficiency and effectiveness driving a continuous improvement culture
- Establishing appropriate metrics and provision of management reports as required.
- Identifying and managing risks and opportunities associated with solution design and liaising with stakeholders across the enterprise
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in at least two IT disciplines such as (solution development, technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware or cloud
- Demonstrated experience in managing and maturing governance frameworks, standards and guardrails, guiding and influencing strategy, technology roadmaps and providing direction to drive efficiencies in overall IM&T service delivery.
- Experience as a trusted and respected thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders and IT development teams
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Strong Engagement and Relationship experience, confident in delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au