Commercial Officers X2 | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Calling professionals with Commercial and contracting experience to support our versatile aircraft sustainment and training program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding opportunity as a Commercial Officer within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment Program based in Williamtown, New South Wales. The location of this role is flexible, one role is to be based in Williamtown, and another can be based either in Sydney or Canberra.
This role also provides the flexibility of a mix of working from home and an option of 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangement option.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Program Commercial Lead, you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to our aircraft sustainment and training program in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
More specifically, you will
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures and provide support on contractual matter and resolution of commercial issues
- Advice and assist the Project Managers on all commercial nature issues and identify the need for professional input including on legal, financial and insurance matters
- Work closely with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis and negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals
- Provide support on major bids and manage export licences and technical assistance agreements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager's approval and review/prepare customer communications and correspondence
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in commercial either in defence or engineering organisations
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions in conjunction with Estimating and Pricing Managers with the function
- Forward thinking strong communicator coupled with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially word, excel and power point
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in law, commerce or project management or studying towards is advantageous
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au