Commercial Lead - F35 Delivery | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- An exciting opportunity to provide commercial leadership and strategic input to drive project delivery for our aircraft sustainment and training program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding leadership opportunity as a Commercial Manager within our Aircraft Sustainment and Training Program based in Williamtown, New South Wales. This role provides a mix of working from home and Office and 9 days a fortnight full time working arrangement option.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Commercial – AS&T, you will be responsible to provide commercial leadership and act as a subject matter expert, guide and direct the business, bids and project teams including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations.
This leadership role is accountable to drive the implementation of BAE Systems' commercial policies and practices including the assurance of and adherence to functional governance requirements.
More specifically, you will
- Responsible to develop and deliver commercial strategy, business cases and bid approvals for all F-35 program activities
- Lead stakeholder engagement to build long term relationship with customer and partners and advise on all contract issue, commercial construct, ancillary agreements and related items
- Identify and manage commercial risks, develop negotiation plans and be accountable for F-35 inputs into BAE Systems Australia US contracting strategy framework including developing tools and processes to improve BAE Systems' Australia's competitiveness in US environment
- Analyse the enterprise and portfolio and determine the strategic direction and pricing to maximise the profit including positioning itself to secure future work through R&D opportunities, strategic holding and investments
- Advise on management of agreements, interpretations, amendments, claims and disputes and lead customer engagements to understand and deliver customer requirements
- Undertake appropriate contract governance ensuring that the contract management plan is fit for purpose and current, including mainlining IP records and correspondence
- Lead the F-35 sustainment commercial team in the delivery of management of campaigns
- Drive BAE Systems' commercial policies and practices, including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in law, engineering, commerce, project management or business is preferred
- Demonstrated commercial experience including leadership experience preferably in defence or engineering organisations or a commercial subject Matter expert leading the commercial aspect of significant project
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical and problem solving skill with good understanding on defence industry and complex project management
- Strong communicator and negotiator with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to influence stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits