Software Development Lead (Product Lifecycle Management Systems) | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Unique opportunity to lead a team of Windchill /Foran & CAD engineer
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Software Development Lead - PLM within Maritime Australia the role is based in Adelaide at the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Maritime Australia now operates on a 9 day fortnight which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As Software Development Lead – PLM you will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers and delivering quality and cost effective systems support services to BAE Systems or the customer.
- Provide technical leadership to the PLM team and engineers.
- Work closely with business partners locally and overseas (Naval Ships UK, wider IM&T team and the CoA) to understand, translate and implement the requirements and processes to effectively deliver the PLM capabilities for the program
- Manage a team of PLM developers aligning with the organisations planning, development and delivery cycle to produce quality outcomes
- Lead and frame the operational model and strategy for development, testing and release plans for bedding PLM system and assist with the functional /technical needs to support shipbuilding acquisition and sustainment
- Identify integration needs and propose solutions that are easily maintainable and transferable.
- Create, maintain and manage all supporting documentation and ensure versions are up to date
- Ensure systems and supporting platforms are well maintained and supported at all times
- Contribute to the management of assigned budget.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure requirements and priorities are understood and are addressed.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a software development team to deliver software products and services to the customer.
- Good understanding of the SDLC including development / testing / delivery and support
- Experience in defence, heavy engineering or manufacturing would be nice to have particularly with Product Lifecycle Management Systems like [Windchill /Team centre] or tools like Foran /CAD.
- Experience in interpreting user needs and defining requirements
- Strong communication skills coupled with ability to interpret complex technical issues to requirements and functional solutions would be an essential skill
- Must be willing to travel to UK on need basis to work closely with UK Naval Ships on PLM solution suite.
- The IM&T and the wider HCFP team will be operating as ‘One Team' across multiple time zones. Due to this it will be expected that team members will adopt a ‘Smart Working' approach by being flexible with their start and finish times to maintain a work life balance. Frequent evening meetings (AU) will be required to ensure we are aligned.
- The IM&T and the wider HCFP team will be operating as ‘One Team' across multiple time zones. Due to this it will be expected that team members will adopt a ‘Smart Working' approach by being flexible with their start and finish times to maintain a work life balance. Frequent early morning meetings (UK) and evening meetings (AU) will be required to ensure we are aligned.
- Flexibility and willingness to use a range of methodologies like Waterfall and Agile to achieve business goals
- HCFP Mobilisation is a multiyear programme with hard deadlines, and ability to work under pressure and maintain the quality of deliverables managing competing and inflexible deadlines may be required from time to time.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain the quality of deliverables managing competing and inflexible deadlines may be required from time to time.
- IM&T will be required to provide solutions to a diverse range of areas in an evolving environment – working with uncertainty on a regular basis and ability to handle risk, rising to challenges whilst remaining outcome focussed is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au