Software Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a number of exciting opportunities as a Software Engineer all around Australia. This role can be based all across Australia & embracing our work life balance ethos, this role can be conducted part-time or full-time.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is BAE Systems Australia's hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia to develop new, world leading sovereign disruptive technologies to meet the future requirements of the Australian Defence Force. Find out more here
The Red Ochre LABS identity unites our technical experts who work across different states, sites and projects, but collectively are deeply committed to delivering world-leading strategic technology advancement.
Due to growth we are looking for Software Engineers/Programmers/Developers comfortable working with C, C++ or Python in a collaborative development environment. Ideally you will have experience in Real-time or embedded software, Game engines, Complex software products, &/or HMI / GUI design and development.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of allocated Software work packages and artefacts.
- Where appropriate, identify and exercise Software Engineering reuse opportunities.
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards.
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant Team Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required.
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components.
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development.
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of Software Engineering practices.
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you will:
- Have the ability to obtain an Australian Defence Clearance
- Have completed a Software Engineering or relevant technology degree
- Be able to collaborate, leveraging experience from others and digest insights from multiple perspectives
- Be confident in pushing the boundaries and trying new things, even if there is a risk of failure
- Confidently deal with ambiguity as we explore new ideas
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au