Head of Supply Chain - Hunter Class Frigate Program | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Outstanding executive leadership opportunity to work on an International Program that will provide breadth of exposure for a high achieving supply chain leader
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems, we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an outstanding executive leadership opportunity for a talented leader to join our Maritime Australia organisation as Head of Supply Chain – Hunter Class Frigate Program based at the the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Maritime - Acquisition Delivery Director, you will be accountable for the delivery of the full end-to-end supply chain for the Hunter Class Frigate Program. This is a high profile and critical role, as a member of the Lead Team, you'll have responsibility for Supply Chain Operational leadership including developing and leading supply chain strategies, to seek out and employ best practice for the benefit of the business and our customer.
In more specific terms you will:
- Set and deliver the supply chain strategy for the program, ensuring alignment with the business unit strategies
- Develop and lead supply chain teams, including ensuring optimal resourcing and personal development is achieved
- Ensure supply chain resources deployed across the business deliver maximum benefit to the business and customer
- Identify and manage supply chain risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Provide advice on the strategic and transactional aspects of supply chain to senior executive leaders
- Provide leadership for supply chain engagement activities including, but not limited to, supporting tenders and requests for proposal, supplier negotiations and contract development and execution
- Ensure supply chain governance is efficient and is utilised throughout the organisation
- Collaborate with the Program Lead Team to ensure supply chain risks are managed and mitigated (including learning from experience, operational excellence, financial management and Safety, Health & Environment (SHE))
- Support & drive delivery of the Group Category Management by coordinating with the Indirect & Direct category teams on strategy development and implementation
- Support delivery of the Warehouse, Inventory and Materials Management by co-ordinating with the warehouse, inventory and materials management teams on strategy development and implementation
- Be a key escalation route for all supply chain issues arising with the program
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive experience in supply chain with a background supporting the defence industry, resource sector, Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) projects
- Significant global and domestic supply chain, procurement and/ or commercial management experience working with a matrix environment
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end supply chain principles and best practices
- Demonstrated experience in Project Delivery and execution
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audience
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to use multiple leadership styles to motivate performance and engage the workforce to manage through change
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships with the ability to influence customers, suppliers and partners to achieve strategic objectives
Whilst not essential, experience within the maritime/shipbuilding industry will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, a/Talent Acquisition Team Lead - Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au