Systems Engineer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Develop and promote Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) across many facets and engineering activities, enhancing your own capability in the process!
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as a Systems Engineer to support our business in the adoption of MBSE acros a number of defence programs
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
This interesting role within the Engineering Function will provide you with the opportunity to develop contemporary skills in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and offers broad exposure across the business. The Systems Engineer will assist in the development and support of common MBSE capability; including environment, process, schema, exemplars, training material and Work Instructions, allowing projects to focus on execution and promoting consistency in application:
- Develop a thorough understanding of contemporary MBSE methodologies.
- Assist the Systems Engineering Digital Transformation (SEDT) project team to; define, architect, implement, verify, validate and document a robust and scalable MBSE capability for BAE Systems Australia.
- Develop, document and maintain scripts that instantiate the BAE Systems meta-model onto the defined MBSE tool suites.
- Develop, document and maintain scripts and templates for auto generated model views and report templates.
- Develop automated generation and reporting capability of a standard set of engineering metrics
- Work across the business to deploy and support the MBSE capability within projects
- Take an active role in planning and supporting a Systems Engineering Community of Practice
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Existing Australian Defence Clearance to NV1 level or above or eligibility
- A University degree level qualification preferably within a Software Engineering or Computer Science discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter, practical thinker and strong problem solving skills
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek- Talent Acquisition Team Lea- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au