Maintenance Technician | QLD-Oakey
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity as a Maintenance Technician, based in Oakey, Queensland.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems provides support for critical airfield operational capability to Defence airfields at HMAS Albatross Naval Air station (Nowra) and Army Swartz Barracks (Oakey). We work closely with Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) air traffic control professionals to ensure Aviation Safety and Defence Aviation capability is maintained to a very high standard.
The BAE Systems Air Traffic Control Operational Maintenance (ATCOM) Technician is responsible for conducting the day-to-day as well as deeper level maintenance and servicing of Australian Defence Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems and Airfield Navigation Aids (NAVAIDS) utilised by Australian Defence Aircraft operators as well as civil emergency service providers. Typical work tasks vary from daily system start-up checks, routine air traffic control console maintenance, system fault and data analysis, navigation system calibration, radio communication system repair, communication systems switch and data line upkeep, RADAR and other Defence surveillance systems sustainment.
You will join a high performing team, with the opportunity to work a late shift cycle and the odd weekend overtime request. Being a Defence operational capability there is no option to work from home. However day-time hours can be flexible provided all scheduled works are completed and no outstanding faults remain.
For those considering relocating, Toowoomba retains country charm with a growing urban coffee culture and street art scene. Also known as the Garden City, Toowoomba is home to hundreds of parks and gardens as well as the iconic Carnival of Flowers spring event. You will enjoy excellent shopping and dining options & living in a prime lactation which is close to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
This opportunity will see you:
- Conduct Operational Maintenance including Preventative, Planned and Corrective Maintenance
- Undertake electronic/electrical/optical equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple electronic/electrical/optical equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
- Undertake typical functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electronic/electrical/optical equipment solutions
- Develop simple electronic/electrical equipment detailed designs to meet an established hardware architectural design and participation in detailed design reviews
- Undertake electronic/electrical equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Undertake the translation of the electronic/electrical equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertake engineering management of the product manufacture from the hardware implementation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain to NV1 level
- Electronic and/or electrical engineering advanced diploma or associate diploma or Certificate IV In Electronics or equivalent experience
- Has experience in developing simple electronic/electrical/optical equipment designs, implementation of hardware solutions, integration, validation and testing
- Experience in design analysis techniques and, development tools
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au