Integration and Test Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Integration and Test Engineer within the Wedgetail project. This role will be based in Adelaide, Edinburgh Parks.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Test and Integration Engineer works in the Wedgetail team environment and conducts test and integration engineering related activities in accordance with Wedgetail project procedures and work instructions.
In particular, this role will see you:
- Responsible for complying with requirements of BAE Systems Australia Quality Systems as they relate to areas of activity
- Work within agreed project technical, cost and schedule constraints
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to activities performed by the team. Promote and encourage co-operation within the team
- Undertake systems integration and hardening activities
- Undertake physical and functional installation of qualified components into the system, and incremental verification of physical and functional interfaces
- Undertake all assigned test and integration activities in accordance with project directives and standards
- Develop test and integration related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Assist in development of any tools/ rigs necessary for integration of the deliverable system
- Identify opportunities for improvement of test and integration practices
- Ensure Problem Reports are raised for all system problems identified during system integration, and where possible, isolate such problems to specific system components
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science, with working experience as a qualified Engineer or Scientist after qualification has been received, in engineering discipline or integration, test and evaluation specialisation
- Experience in Integrating and testing complex systems; investigation and fault finding.
- Experience in managing and executing test programs.
- Strong technical writing and technical discussion skills.
- Experience in working with SQL Server for test data creation and data inspection, knowledge of managing and maintaining multiple datasets.
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience working with Change and Configuration management tools.
- Estimation skills particularly in the test documentation and execution field
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au