Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Demonstrate your system design and analytical skills
- Use iterative development cycles to put capability in the hands of our ADF personnel
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for talented and skilled Systems Engineers within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions business. Enjoy workplace flexibility, career progression opportunities and great team culture at our Head Office in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The JORN Phase 6 development program is leveraging new and advanced technology to significantly upgrade and enhance Australia's world leading Over-The-Horizon Radar capability. This represents one of the few major Defence projects that is fully designed, developed and delivered within Australia, by Australians.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
Your future career opportunities will include expanding your experience across the design and development of BAE Systems' adjacent products and projects including radar, electronics, ICT, EW, manufacturing and naval applications.
This opportunity will see you:
- Perform system engineering activities including functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design & analysis, requirements management, integration and verification
- Work on design aspects for a range of radar, software, hardware, ICT and infrastructure components, assemblies and subsystem elements
- Perform detailed modelling and analysis to help understand and assess performance at different levels of the system
- Take concepts through design from requirements to candidate solutions and deployment
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to create and control the JORN system architecture and design
- Engineer using a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology utilising a range of modern design tools and practices
- Work within a large team of systems engineers, liaising with engineers and teams across different disciplines and products
- Support the Systems Engineering Team Lead in a variety of specific leadership tasks
For a Senior role, along with the above, this opportunity will see you lead and mentor early career Systems Engineers in the delivery of work products
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering Experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Hardware/electronics understanding
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity modelling tools such as Matlab
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au