Export Control Officers | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Permanent opportunities offering great breadth of business exposure
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting opportunities for two Export Control Officers to join our Central Functions line of business, in our Operational and Assurance teams. In line with our flexible approach, these roles may be based in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney or Williamtown.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As an Export Control Officer you will understand and apply export and trade control compliance obligations and will:
- Implement corporate export control policies and procedures to ensure the business is compliant with export/import control laws and regulations, providing day to day advice and guidance to all areas of the business
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure licensing plans are developed and implemented and provide export control expertise to evaluate licensing requirements and submit applications to regulators
- Assess systems and applications to ensure they are compliant in storing, managing and tracking export controlled material and provide permissions to access material
- Provide export control expertise to ensure inbound export controlled material is properly identified and managed and approve transfers of outbound export controlled material
- Contribute to the maintenance of export control knowledge bases and the development and delivery of training
- Assist with our audit and assurance process, ensuring compliance controls are being adhered to across all business sites and implementing outputs of lessons learnt activities
As an ideal applicant, you will:
- Be a professional with tertiary qualifications in business, law, commerce or a similar area
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and attention to detail
- Be team orientated with the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people
- Have fantastic stakeholder engagement capability
- Be a motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
Experience within an export control or trade compliance function, and an understanding of US, Australian, UK and other export control laws and regulations, would be highly desirable but is not essential.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Team Lead - Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au