Senior Business Analyst X 2 | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- As a Senior Business Analyst contribute to programs of national significance
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have two exciting opportunitities for Senior Business Analysts within Maritime Australia based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Maritime Australia now operates on a 9 day fortnight which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As the Senior Business Analyst reporting into the Business Analysis Lead you will be responsible for the delivery of a range of business analysis services to enable the mobilisation and digital transformation of our Maritime IM&T environment. This could include ad-hoc analysis, problem/opportunity assessment, enhancement of deployed systems through to performing the business analysis role for the full project lifecycle from identification to implementation of new capability into the business.
More specifically you will:
- Engage with business and IM&T teams to capture business problems and opportunities, and analyse current processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop business analysis work plans including stakeholder identification, engagement/workshop planning, technique selection and outcome definition.
- Be responsible for the requirements management process through eliciting, prioritising and influencing business or customer requirements including management for traceability, change and reuse.
- Analyse captured requirements and manage the process to determine and justify valid innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, meet business goals and objectives, and deliver value.
- Undertake activities associated with the development, testing, delivery and transition of a solution for business acceptance.
- Manage stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs.
- Build positive working relationships to ensure alignment on approach and solution delivery against the roadmaps and digital direction of the program.
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains and/or complex integrated system environments
- A strong business analysis skillset to underpin your adaptability and flexibility to work across a range of different analysis tasks and problem domains
- Experience working in cross functional delivery teams (project managers, business analysts, architects, technical leads, subject matter experts, change managers)
- Broad stakeholder communication skills, strong customer focus able to utilise negotiation skills and manage potential conflicts
- Ability to interpret and clarify ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving in the area of breaking down complex problems, determining innovative solutions, and validating solutions against customer needs
- Demonstrated proficiency in business process mapping
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required
Whilst not essential, qualifications in business or information technology and certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis and ITIL will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au