SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST - CONTINGENT WORKER | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Contingent Worker|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
- Contingent / Contract Senior Business Analyst – 12 month
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Contingent Senior Business Analyst within Maritime Australiabased at the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Maritime Australia now operates on a 9 day fortnight which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As the Senior Business Analyst you will work closely with relevant Project Managers to deliver a range of business analysis services. This could include ad-hoc analysis, problem/opportunity assessment, enhancement of deployed systems through to support of the full project lifecycle to implement new capability into the business.
As the Senior Business Analyst Business Analysis Lead your strong business analysis skillset will underpin your adaptability to work through a range of different analysis tasks and problem domains.
More specifically you will:
- Develop and execute a plan of work including initial stakeholder identification, determining analysis techniques, planning of analysis activities including identification and consideration of external factors that will impact requirements.
- Execute and manage the requirements analysis process through eliciting, prioritising and classification of business or customer requirements. Initiatives and projects will span multiple or complex business domains, the role will need to ensure the needs/requirements of the business or customer are accurately documented and managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Execute and manage the process through which business or customer requirements are analysed to determine and justify validated innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, meet business or customer goals, objectives and deliver value.
- Execute and manage activities associated with the development, testing, delivery and transition of a solution for business or customer acceptance including collaboration with Change and Training teams to successfully deliver the change to the business.
- Generation and maintenance of required analysis artefacts to support delivery of analysis services including (but not limited to); stakeholder maps, problem/opportunity analysis, business/functional requirements documentation, use cases, process maps, vendor selection (RFx) documentation, test and acceptance documentation.
- Manage stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management
- Establish a positive working relationship with IM&T and additional Business groups to develop a strong team environment that is aligned on approach and solution delivery against the roadmaps and the digital direction of the program.
- Develop strong stakeholder networks and working knowledge of the business domains and the processes/toolsets that support delivery of the required program outcomes.
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains
- Broad stakeholder communication skills (cross functional), strong customer focus able to utilise negotiation skills, manage potential conflicts and build trusted relationships
- Ability to interpret and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Demonstrated business analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving in the area of breaking down complex problems, determining innovative solutions, and validating solutions against customer needs and requirements
- Proficient skills in process mapping (BPMN2)
- Skills or experience in the engineering, production planning or manufacturing space and/or complex integrated system environments (preferred - not essential)
Whilst not essential, qualifications in business or information technology and certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis and ITIL will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au