Inventory Support Officer | WA-Rockingham
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Great opportunity for early career inventory professionals to grow your career with an defence industry leader
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding opportunity as an Inventory Support Officer within Maritime Sustainment Program based in Rockingham, Western Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
Your new role:
Reporting to the GFE Lead, you will be responsible to determine the requirement and undertake procurement activities to support ANZAC Class unique inventory. This also includes assisting the management, procurement and repair of assigned inventory items ensuring relevant purchasing, procurement and Asset Management policies are adhered to.
More specifically, you will
- Assist the management of ANZAC class unique systems to purchase inventory items and determine straightforward to moderately complex and buy and repair items requirements that are accurate and prioritised using all inputs within allocated budgets
- Conduct requirements determinations as required and carry out purchases of items commercially and via FMS ensuring complains with all purchasing policies and procedures
- Ensure all demand inputs and triggers are appropriately considered and weighted in the demand management process
- Support the development of annual repair of repairable, procurement of new repairable and breakdown spares budget using corporate forecasting and budgeting tools
- Assist with the development of value for money strategies using export knowledge of both the domestic and international supplier environment
- Assist the group management with the achievement of agreed productivity targets for stores items or repairable item management
- Maintain close professional relationship with relevant industry contacts to provide market intelligence of items being/becoming obsolescent or obsolete
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in logistics management (preferably ANZAC class related)
- Demonstrated experience in the use of RAN inventory management suite of applications
- Working knowledge of defence logistics, maintenance and financial policies, procedures and organisations
- An ability to effectively plan and produce programs for operational support activities
- Confident communicator coupled with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient user of MS office skills, especially word, excel and power point and Oracle
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or logistics discipline is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au