Software Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Opportunity to join Australia's largest Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have opportunities for Software Developers within our JORN Software team at Edinburgh Parks
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Software Engineer, you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Within our JORN software team, you'll work on areas such as UX design and development, SW design and architecture, interfacing with HW and signal processing. You will be involved in ground-up, cutting edge developmental hardware projects.
We have a growing team with the opportunity to constantly learn and carve out your niche in an area that interests you.
You'll have interaction with many other teams and stakeholders such as RAAF operators and JORN maintainers, as well as engineers in other disciplines.
We're a strong team that takes pride in what we do and how we work together, with a lot to offer a software engineer looking to expand their skillset.
- Hands on experience in working in a Linux development environment
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++ Programing language
- Experience in object orientated programming
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of several software development lifecycle options, and experience in at least one (e.g. agile, waterfall, spiral)
- Familiarity with Git and Atlassian tool suite.
- Strong ability in defect analysis and rectification
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to:Wendy Hammond Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Wendy.Hammond@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au