Deputy Combat Systems Engineering Lead | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2022|
Deputy Combat Systems Engineering Lead
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Deputy Combat Systems Engineer Lead within our Maritime Sustainment based in Garden Island, New South Wales.
As Deputy Combat Systems Engineer you will be responsible for delivering engineering outputs of the project/area within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule (henceforth referred to as Integrated Project Performance).
You will ensure engineering outputs are developed in accordance with approved company standard procedures and processes and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer including product safety and security.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As Deputy Combat Systems Engineer Lead you will:
- Lead the engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule for the allocated work package
- In consultation with Project Engineering Manager, ensure Design Authorisations are established and maintained for the project
- In consultation with Senior Engineering Manager, undertake planning and resourcing to ensure the technical basis for project planning is established and that the necessary project team is assigned to meet the agreed engineering delivery requirements
- Undertake detailed planning and estimating to establish (or review and re-establish artefacts within bid phase) the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Schedule, earned value measurement system, and staffing profile for the work package allocated and any new bid work
- Review and approve technical aspects of Estimates to Completion (ETCs), i.e. the work plan, estimating inputs (e.g. historical metrics), methodology and estimating outputs
- Review and update Programme / Project Plans as required (e.g. SEMP, EMP, SDP, CMP and ILSP)
- Development of appropriate metrics to ensure the deliverables are on track ( in consolation with the PEM as required)
- Ensue staff are suitably qualified for the tasks allocated.
- Develop and implement training plans for all engineering staff and provide coaching and mentoring for staff
- Develop and implement succession plans for key engineering staff
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience within an engineering discipline, preferably in a Defence or Maritime environment
- Experience in developing combat systems equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of systems engineering solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- A working knowledge of cost management, schedule management and risk assessments
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au