IT Support Officer | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- A unique opportunity to provide IT Support for a large defence environment
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a exciting opportunity as a IT Support Officer within our Maritime Sustainmentteam,based in our Cairns, QLD North East operations.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the IT Support Officer, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the customers' Information Management & Technology (IM&T) environment including hardware and software infrastructure.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide technical support for the customer's extensive IM&T assets: infrastructure, laptops, mobile fleet, Personal Device Assets and Video Conferencing technologies
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved tasks as appropriate
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Installation and configuration of desktop hardware, software & peripheral devices in a network environment, assisting in packaging of applications using prescribed frameworks
- Manage customer expectations for the resolution of outstanding incident and service requests, advising customers in a timely manner of system downtime or interruptions
- Create and maintain process instructions and relevant documentation
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure all IM&T assets are properly tracked
- Complete System Administration and Classified duties as required
- Alert the customer or business to potential, or known problems that affect the quality of services provided
- Assist with projects where allocated
- Provide general IM&T support as requested
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot: computer systems hardware/software in an IM&T environment
- Previous experience supporting the Microsoft operating systems, business applications and networked environments
- Previous experience supporting mobile and video conferencing technologies
- A proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, with a strong customer service ethos
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with customers, team members and suppliers
- Ability to assess situations and provide assistance to the team and customers where required
- Ability to show initiative while demonstrating an organised and motivated approach to work
- Ability to manage own workload through using a helpdesk system to manage and record results
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au