Procurement Officer - Maintenance, Repair and Operations | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Great opportunity for an early career Procurement professionals to grow your career with an industry leader
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an entry level Procurement Officer within our enterprise supporting the maintenance, repair and operations category. The location of this role is flexible, can be based either in Adelaide, South Australia or Perth, Western Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
Your new role:
Reporting to the Category Manager - Maintenance, Repair and Operations, you will be responsible to establish, place and manage the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver cost, schedule, and quality and safety requirement of the business. This also includes building effective relationship and managing performance of the suppliers to maximize value and minimize risk.
More specifically, you will
- Collaborate and support category management, all line of business and corporate functions as required
- Support the management and execution of enterprise category strategies ensuring that the category objectives are met
- Support the procurement engagement activities including, but not limited to, expression of interest, request for information, request for quotation, request for proposal, request for tender, supplier negotiation and contract development and execution
- Manage the approval, maintenance and close out of purchase orders ensuring timely payment and delivery and coordinate and contribute to the development and execution of procurement plans and sourcing strategies
- Manage supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements and purchase orders in accordance with the set procedure and delegation of authority
- Ensure adhere to contractual obligations through effective contract management including payment, claims, warranties, cash flow, flow down of contract amendments
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in procurement and/or supply chain is essential especially in the development and negotiation of straightforward contract with key suppliers
- An ability to run reports and interpret data with strong oral and written communication
- Strong stakeholder management skill, results orientated, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
- Sound commercial acumen with some exposure to contract management or negotiation
- Proficient user of Ms Office package with an experience in using Ultramain and Oracle is preferred
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or commercial discipline, with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist - Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au