Senior Naval Architect | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Utilise your naval architect expertise and provide technical leadership within our global company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as a Senior Naval Architect within our Maritime business based in Cairns, Queensland.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
In Cairns, BAE Systems provides Hydrographic In Service Support (HISS) to the Royal Australian Navy, managing the in service support requirements of Hydrographic Ships, Survey Motor Launches and Survey Motor Boats. Collectively, the team manages scheduled maintenance, engineering configuration changes and ad-hoc support requirements to support this fleet.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed Senior Naval Architect to provide their technical leadership and expertise within our Maritime business. This key position will report to the Project Engineering Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead and manage the naval architecture activities such as hull maintenance and repair, weight monitoring, docking and undocking calculations, stability certification monitoring, management and conduction of inclining experiments
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and guidance to the team on naval architecture activities
- Ensure safety hazards associated with the naval architecture activities are identified and managed
- Instil and foster the concepts of naval architecture best practice, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing within the teams
- Identify project risks and contribute to the risk management process
- Support Senior Technical Assessors with technical reviews and maintain the enterprise naval ship registers
- Collaborate effectively with the Technical Support Network and provide naval architecture advice, and establish strong relationships with customers, internal and external stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive naval architecture experience
- A Naval Architecture degree with the ability to obtain Chartered Professional Engineer and Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) status
- Good communications skills, the ability to build good relationships with customers and stakeholders
- The ability to coach and provide guidance to team members
- Resiliency, self-motivation and the ability to adapt to changing project requirements
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au