Engineering Change Project Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Opportunity for future development & growth with the right attitude
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as a Engineering Change Project Manager within our Maritime Sustainment based in Garden Island, Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Co-located with the Customer at Garden Island in Sydney, BAE Systems Australia delivers and manages the sustainment work as the three destroyers are delivered and transitioned into service: HMAS Hobart, HMAS Brisbane and HMAS Sydney.
As the Engineering Change Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical/engineering (encompassing Product Safety), cost and schedule goals associated with assigned projects are achieved in order to optimise business performance.
As a Engineering Change Project Manager you will:
- Lead & support the project to successfully execute the Contract and accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful Project Review activity.
- Ensure the projects achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements.
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks
- Reporting on Project Performance and issues at the Business Unit Reviews where required.
- Building & Maintaining relationships internally and externally being an advocate for collaboration and cohesion
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in Project Management within an engineering organisation
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Manage conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Skills to negotiate and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.htm
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall Talent Acquisition Specialist made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique_marshall@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au