Senior Electrical Engineer x2 Positions | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Work in sunny Cairns, a city that offers great weather, a vibrant lifestyle and a thriving community
- Utilise your electrical engineering expertise and provide technical leadership within our global company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have two new opportunities as Senior Electrical Engineers within our Maritime businessbased in Cairns, Queensland.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
In Cairns, BAE Systems provides Hydrographic In Service Support (HISS) to the Royal Australian Navy, managing the in service support requirements of Hydrographic Ships, Survey Motor Launches and Survey Motor Boats. Collectively, the team manages scheduled maintenance, engineering configuration changes and ad-hoc support requirements to support this fleet.
Exciting and rewarding opportunities have arisen for passionate Senior Electrical Engineers to demonstrate their technical expertise and partner with our Maritime business. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide in service support with electrical engineering activities on the Hydrographic Ships
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and guidance to the team on electrical engineering activities
- Ensure safety hazards associated with the electrical engineering activities are identified and managed
- Instil and foster the concepts of electrical engineering best practice, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing within the teams
- Identify project risks and contribute to the risk management process
- Support the System Technical Authority by acting as a delegated Technical Authority for electrical engineering activities and for the authorisation of technical documentation
- Collaborate effectively with the Technical Support Network and provide electrical engineering advice, and establish strong relationships with customers, internal and external stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive electrical engineering experience
- A relevant engineering degree with the ability to obtain Chartered Professional Engineer and Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) status
- Good communications skills, the ability to build good relationships with customers and stakeholders
- The ability to coach and provide guidance to team members
- Resiliency, self-motivation and the ability to adapt to changing project requirements
Whilst not essential, electrical engineering experience within the Maritime or Defence industry, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au