Site Maintenance Technician | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of cutting edge development within Australia's largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting Site Maintenance Technician opportunities within our Maritime Australia based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide expert technical (Hands on) services to projects
- Be available to deploy and undertake installation or maintenance tasks
- Supervise and lead project teams
- Provide mentoring to other Technicians
- Undertake defect analysis, resolution and provision of detailed Technical Reports
- Prepare technical detail to enable responses to tenders and quotations
- Assist in the design, construction and testing and acceptance of systems
- Develop and/or prepare accurate technical documentation including test procedures and reports
- Provide input to planning and maintenance of schedules
- Manage and prioritise of resources to meet company and client expectations
- Receipt deliveries into the receiving database
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- A Certificate IV trade based qualification in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent
- An understanding of shipyard operations
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- A strong background and experience with maintaining, installing and troubleshooting mechanical, Electrical and pneumatic systems, computerised maintenance systems and automated welding
- The ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Experience in an Electrical or Mechanical role, preferably manufacturing or similar environment
- Training and experience in managing and maintaining facilities and equipment in complex precision production environment
- Experience and be trained for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting facilities and Industrial multi-system Production Equipment including complex control systems, sensors, actuators, electric/pneumatic/hydraulic drives, motor pumps, vacuum systems and robotic welding
A Defence security clearance is required for this role. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au