Engineering Lead : Product Lifecycle Management | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development, flexible work practices and interesting work within our Maritime Defence business
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Engineering Lead – Product Lifecycle Management within our Maritime business based in Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Engineering Lead – Product Lifecycle Management to demonstrate their technicial expertise and partner with our Maritime business. This key position will report to the the Engineering Systems Manager, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) toolset development, including enhancements and upgrades to the tool's functionality
- Represent the Engineering function's capability with the PLM toolsets, in particular the Windchill system
- Ensure the PLM toolset achieves and maintains fitness for purpose for the business and supports Engineering's data configuration and data quality needs
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including engineers, configuration controllers and ICT teams to deliver the agreed strategies for the PLM toolsets including product enhancements
- Provide coaching, training and advice with the PLM toolsets
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities with the existing toolsets and PLM interfaces to other toolsets
- Represent engineering within the PLM Steering Group
- Drive culture of PLM best practice, efficiency and continuous improvement
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Process Engineering or Software Engineering (with a focus on database management systems and Java programming) experience – Those with experience in other engineering disciplines are encouraged to apply
- A relevant qualification
- Experience using engineering or ICT Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups to effectively deliver strategies
- Self-motivation and the drive to improve current processes and solve problems
- Experience using Windchill or Teamcentre or other engineering PLM tools, will be highly regarded
- Experience with the application of PLM tools in shipbuilding or related industries, will be highly regarded
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au