Senior Estimating & Pricing Officer | NSW-Liverpool Street
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Jul-2022|
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business and with this we currently have an exciting permanent full time opportunity for a Senior Estimating and Pricing Officer.
As an Estimating and Pricing Officer, you will be supporting our Estimating and Pricing Managers with activities to support our national maritime programs. You will work closely with bid teams and other stakeholders, and will be responsible for strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation and review/analysis of cost estimates. The delivery of accurate, robust and competitive proposals representing value for money to the Commonwealth of Australia and other key customers, is our mission.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role will be accountable for:
- Support significant and complex campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the Bid Team to ensure the delivery of accurate value for money proposals to the Commonwealth of Australia
- Provide advice and management of Basis of Estimates with Subject Matter Experts through each stage of the bid lifecycle
- Assist the bid team with the preparation and presentation of Phase Review data, Request for Board Approval (RBA) data and Customer Pricing tables
- Produce robust pricing by planning and developing the estimate build – up in accordance with BAE Systems E & P processes
- Convene and conduct appropriate estimating and pricing reviews
- Support price negotiations with the Commonwealth Financial Investigation Service reviews
- Preparation of pricing proposal response to commercial terms and conditions and other commercial aspects of the bid
- Present pricing data in customer forums and provide responses to customer challenge and clarifications on pricing submissions
- Identify opportunities in tenders and proposals to help provide a competitive edge in the marketplace
- Provide support to the business in the context of price variations on foreign exchange opportunities
- Tertiary Qualifications or Trade equivalent experience in a business related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in estimating and pricing with proven track record in a bid/tender support role with an ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas
- Strong numerical and analytical skill with an ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different teams and review audiences is critical to this role
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities coupled with an ability to support negotiations and influence internal and external stakeholders in order to generate business benefits, whilst maintaining key relationships
- In depth understanding of the professional code of ethics with an ability to solve problems and resolve complex issues with high integrity and honesty
- Proficient user of MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and Power point
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
A Defence security clearance is preferred for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris & Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Lidia.Morris@baesystems.com.au
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits