Mechanical Engineer | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- On-going career development and the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Engineer within our Maritime Australia business on the Hunter Class Frigate Programbased in either Osborne, Adelaide or Melbourne CBD. Other interstate locations will also be considered for the position.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a committed Mechanical Engineer to demonstrate their technical skills and partner with the the Hunter Class Frigate Program. Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer – HVAC, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Design and develop mechanical systems
- Collaborate effectively with customers, subcontractors and internal stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture within the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Participate in systems engineering activities including requirements development and non-compliance management
- Undertake the mechanical integration of mechanical systems/equipment into the platform
- Provide advice to the program on the delivery of mechanical engineering tasks
- Carry out investigations into design problems and develop solutions
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve mechanical engineering practices
- Produce mechanical engineering documentation, ensuring they are completed in accordance with company and program requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Mechanical and/or Systems Engineering experience
- A relevant tertiary engineering degree
- Good communications skills, the ability to build good relationships with stakeholders, and self-motivation
- Good skills with the Microsoft Office suite coupled with demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to participate in meetings in the evenings with colleagues in the northern hemisphere
Whilst not essential, Maritime Defence industry experience, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au