Systems Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent in one of the country's best and largest defence export programs
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for a Systems Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions business based in Richmond, VIC.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Nulka system is the result of a collaborative development between Australia and the US, and brings together advanced flight vehicle guidance and control techniques, and sophisticated RF electronic technologies. Fully autonomous after launch, the unique flight vehicle design allows the decoy's flight-path to be maintained with a high degree of precision over a wide range of environmental conditions, resulting in extremely high levels of mission effectiveness against modern anti-ship missiles.
Nulka is an integral element of a comprehensive, integrated layered defence system, and its unique capabilities complement conventional hard-kill missile and gun systems.
You can learn more about the Nulka program here - https://www.baesystems.com/en-aus/product/nulka
As a Systems Engineer, you will work with other members of the Systems Team, under direction and in support of the Systems Engineering Manager. You will also work with the other project design (software, hardware, mechanical, etc.) and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach to the project engineering development and verification activities.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop and manage System requirements, models and documents (System and Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, MBSE artefacts, etc.)
- Undertake System Engineering activities in compliance with BAE Systems Engineering Lifecycle as specified in the Business Management System (BMS). Specifically: requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Performing analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests which will ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- With the support of component suppliers, integrating components in a logical manner to ensure that emergent properties and limitations are exposed and acceptable
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated experience within the Engineering discipline with working experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Greig.Russell@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.