Database and Middleware Administrator | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Unique opportunity for a Database and Middleware Administrator to contribute to programs of national significance
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Database and Middleware Administrator within Maritime Australia the role can be based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard in South Australia or at one of BAE's sites nationally.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As an integral member of our Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day database administration tasks whilst providing high quality support and assistance to the Shipbuilding program. You will implement new database and middleware technologies, as required ensuring that business demands are met, and obsolescence issues are identified in a timely manner. Overall, you work with various infrastructure and application teams to ensure a collaborative and integrated approach is taken with respect to the various activities at all times.
More specifically you will:
- Provide DBA expertise for the database and middleware footprint running several business critical applications.
- Manage all aspects of database administration including day-to-day support issues, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, backups and recovery.
- Effectively manage installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, security and maintenance of organisation databases.
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively identify system obsolescence and provide solutions.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and procedures exist and are current for all relevant services.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification in an IT-related, engineering field or similar
- Solid relevant professional experience in database and middleware administration
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with a strong team orientation and an ability to manage stakeholders
- Extensive experience in Oracle middleware such as Weblogic on UNIX platform
- Strong experience in Oracle database administration on UNIX platform
- Good experience with Linux tools and commands
- Knowledge of Oracle Database Appliance will be a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Server will be a plus
- Knowledge of technologies such as Oracle Data Integrator, Primavera and APEX will be a plus
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au