Project Coordinator | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Pivotal role, you will be the glue to our operations and success
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Coordinator within our Maritime Sustainment based in Garden Island, Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Co-located with the Customer at Garden Island in Sydney, as the Project Coordinator you will work as part of the Business Operations Team to ensure technical, cost and schedule goals associated with Destroyer Enterprise are achieved to deliver outstanding business goals.
You will be a proactive member of the Destroyer Enterprise Management Committee engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver key deliverables to the Commonwealth of Australia.
As a Project Coordinator you will:
- Preparation and coordination of reporting, presentations and KPIs including active management of the action register
- Stakeholder liaison & engagement both internal and external
- Support the administrative requests of the Enterprise, arrange & conduct site visits
- Assist in the development, preparation, tracking and maintenance of Operations data & Program plans
- Regular liaison with CoA Operations team to ensure requirements are being met, and managed.
- Assist in the management of facilities, training and system access for all employees
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project coordination or strong administrative background
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities with superb communication & stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for detail, able to see patterns and provide insight to senior management
- Strong presentation experience ideally with intermediate Excel or Jira
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall Talent Acquisition Specialist made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique_Marshall@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au