Operations Resource Manager | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2022|
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Incredible opportunity to drive strategic outcomes & resourcing requirements
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as an Operations Resource Manager within our
Maritime Australia based in Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Operations Resource Manager you will own the strategic and tactical resourcing requirements for maritime operations, contributing to quarterly reporting, block readiness, production readiness, and lifecycle management frame work.
You will be able to make a difference, with varied responsibilities in a changing and progressive environment
- Partnering with Ship build Cost Accounting Managers & HR teams providing assurance to the Operations Director & Shipyard GM of current/ planned and future resourcing levels required to deliver against current and future programs
- Design, analyse & produce meaningful reports on tactical resourcing insights within the Operations Function, delivering resource level assurance to all programs
- Development & implementation of strategic resourcing plans for current, planned and future resource levels of baselined programs across the Osborne Naval Shipyard
- Mange the integration of program data into business resource planning tools. Continue to drive improvement in IT solutions, supporting digital shipyard goals
- Provide resourcing scenarios and plans for proposed future bids on defence (build and sustainment) or commercial work
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Ability to see the big picture, can design process and understand day-to-day impacts
- Experience in resourcing strategies and data analysis with advance Excel skills
- Preferred experience in P6 or similar scheduling tool
- Skills to negotiate & influence internal and/ or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Proven leadership skills, collaborative nature & commercial mind.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique.Marshall@baesystems.com.au
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au