Analytics & Insights Specialist | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Configuration & Data Management|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an opportunity for a Analytics & Insights Specialist, ideally based in Adelaide, SA however location can be flexible dependent upon the individual. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Analytics & Insights Specialist you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, visualisation and communication of SHE data and dashboards. You will also provide advice on taking evidenced based approaches and undertake detailed analysis of prioritised analytics programs.
This opportunity will see you:
- Utilise your analytical skills to generate insights leading to solve business problems and help deliver on business strategies.
- Work closely with the business to define actionable “metrics that matter”, and provide insightful commentary derived from data analysis .
- Follows a deep analytical process (Business problem > Questions > Hypothesis > Analysis > Recommendations, etc.)
- Develop dashboard reports for various business units, using visual analytics tools.
- Benchmark external data sets related to SHE and Workers Compensation data.
- Provide training and guidance to the SHE community on SHE data and analysis.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Be an Australian Citizen, eligible for Defence clearance if needed.
- Tertiary business / data science degree or similar in a related discipline
- Highly advanced Excel & Microsoft Office suite experience is essential
- Demonstrated experience working as an analyst/ reporting specialist in a SHE function, including Workers Compensation, is desirable.
- Significant experience in creating solutions to capture and analyse large and complex data sets.
- Demonstrated experience extracting insights from data, “connecting the dots” and answering specific business questions.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance maybe required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au