Commercial Manager | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Commercial leadership opportunity based in Cairns, join this high performing program and help deliver Defence capability
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding leadership opportunity as a Commercial Manager within our Maritime Sustainment line of business based in Cairns, Queensland, other locations may be possible for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Commercial - Maritime Sustainment, you will be accountable to provide commercial guidance for our Hydrographic in Service Support (HISS) Program, including managing significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations.
As a member of the program leadership team, this position contributes to the overall management of the program, the delivery of project outcomes, and the achievement of strategic aims and financial goals.
More specifically, you will
- Manage commercial obligations of HISS projects and provide guidance and direction to the program on compliance with contract, Australian government and foreign government requirements for the management of intellectual property, confidential information, controlled technology and classified information and data
- Manage and foster engaging relationship with internal / external customers and cross business and functional requirements
- Manage and lead the HISS commercial team providing line management and functional guidance and support
- Manage and lead commercial inputs to internal governance requirements ( phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews)
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Oversee with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management Plan(s) for the program
- Drive BAE Systems' commercial policies and practices, including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in law, commerce, project management, finance or business is preferred
- Demonstrated commercial or contract management experience including leadership experience preferably in defence or engineering organisations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill with an ability to motivate the team across number of business areas to shape and implement the business requirements
- Strong communicator and negotiator with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to influence stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially word, excel and power point
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits