Outfit Engineer (Mechanical) | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2022|
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Outfit (Mechanical) Engineer which can be based in either Melbourne, VIC or Adelaide, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
The Outfit Engineer is responsible for working within the Platform Engineering Team within the Hunter Class frigate Program and will deliver outfit systems for the ships.
The opportunity will see you:
- Provide mechanical and marine engineering technical competence based on relevant experience and knowledge
- Complete outfit systems design for naval ship systems, applying robust systems engineering process
- Create engineering designs to integrate platform outfit systems and equipment into naval vessels
- Undertake Mechanical system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple Mechanical system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
- Undertake typical functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate Mechanical system and/or equipment solutions
- Develop optimised Mechanical system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake Mechanical system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Undertake the translation of the Mechanical system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Has some experience in developing Mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
- As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley SChulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.