Business Improvement Practitioner | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Think big, be bold, make a difference & open the possibilities
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Business Improvement Practitioner within our Maritime Australiabased in Osbourne Shipyard, SA
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Business Improvement Practitioner you will always be seeking or crafting up continuous improvement opportunities. Managing and facilitating Business Improvement (BI) activities using appropriate skills and techniques relevant to a particular area of focus.
This role enables the delivery of key business improvement initiatives by targeting business efficiencies, challenging existing processes and leveraging new technologies. You will work with sponsors and stakeholders to provide improvements to Maritime Australia.
- Support Business Improvement activities within BAE Systems Maritime Australia by working to agreed scope, requirements, priority and schedule in consultation with Business Improvement Manager
- Support the Business Improvement Investment Process by working through business cases/ideas and make recommendations for process improvement
- Support Continuous Improvement across BAE Systems Maritime Australia via Ideation sprints and problem solving workshops
- Manage Business Improvement Ideas Hub and/LfE Hub facilitate improvements with the respective functional champions
- Support and/deploy training using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies within BAE Systems Maritime Australia
- Deploy and utilise improvement methodologies and tools to support the management and improvement of process in a manner suitable for BAE Systems Maritime Australia
- Support a positive culture for SHE awareness and improvement from Learning from Experience
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience as an improvement facilitator/specialist in a similar role and experience in managing change within complex organisations
- Expertise and credibility in a range of Business Improvement tools, techniques and knowledge areas, specifically Lean methodology additionally Six Sigma knowledge/certification – preferred
- Able to work effectively at all levels of our organisation and clearly articulate messages to different audiences with influence, verbally and in writing
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in challenging situations.
- Highly organised and innovative thinker
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Inquisitive mind, capable of investigating hot spots or issues. Leading workshops to problem solve using root cause analysis to help find successful solutions
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique.Marshall@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits