Environment and Sustainability Manager | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Jul-2022|
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business and with this we are seeking a highly energetic, proactive, and enthusiastic Environmental and Sustainability Manager to join BAE System's national Maritime SHE team on a permanent full time capacity. (Permanent part-time may also be considered for the correct candidate). Please take note this role is located in South Australia.
BAE Systems is increasing its global commitments towards a sustainable future, and this is your opportunity to help mature the BAE Systems Maritime Sustainability program inclusive of environmental, social and governance factors. This exciting role works across all functions of the business to further develop and deliver the Sustainability Strategy. From sustainable product design, carbon management and opportunity assessment, through to operational sustainability management, this role represents a unique opportunity to help shape the future of defence industry sustainability in Australia and is a critical part of BAE Systems Maritime's business strategy.
The ideal employee for this role will have a passion for sustainability as well as extensive leadership experience developing and implementing sustainability programs in complex organisations. Ideally we would also like to see experience implementing carbon management programs.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role will be accountable for:
- Managing the Maritime sustainability strategy and program for BAE Systems Maritime Australia.
- Identifying opportunities for sustainability innovation and developing supporting business cases.
- Interacting with key stakeholders on sustainability issues and strategy.
- Building industry networks for sustainability
- Informing and managing issues, risks and opportunities as they arise
- Designing and delivering sustainability awareness training to multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Working with BAE Systems Australia on Net Zero Carbon strategy and implementation
- The preparation of sustainability reporting
- Monitoring changes to the environmental legislation by ensuring that SHE documents are compliant with the relevant industry standards
- Developing, maintaining as well as ensuring systems are in place to capture data to meet internal and external data management requirements
- Developing strong internal and external relationships and build company branding by collaborating with clients, government, community organizations, and employees.
- Providing leadership, management, and technical expertise to deliver key initiatives across our programs
- Maintaining responsibility for the performance of BAE Systems Maritime Australia's ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience working in a complex enterprise business environment
- Experience in developing and championing an Environmental and Sustainability program
- Proven ability in developing and implementing supporting systems to capture NGER requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing/delivering sustainability education and awareness
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining business relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including presentation, influencing, listening, coaching, consulting and team building
- Understanding of the factors and challenges influencing Sustainability and the initiatives that can be taken to promote it
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism and maturity along with a collaborative and consultative approach to issue resolution
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders / service providers to assist with the provision of timely service to the business
- Project management experience
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management / Sustainability or a related field.
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.