Product Safety Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Safety Engineer within the Nulka project. This role will be based in Melbourne, Richmond or the Bourke Street Office.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Senior Safety Engineer, the Safety Engineer within the Nulka Program will be responsible for undertaking safety assessments and developing/updating safety documentation across the Nulka Program supporting Nulka Acquisition, Development and Sustainment.
In particular, this role will see you:
- Undertake the identification, assessment, mitigation and management of hazards
- Develop and/or update extant safety artefacts such as System Safety Program Plans, Hazard Analysis Reports, Safety Case Reports and Hazard Log to ensure risks are reduced So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP)
- Prepare and participate in internal and external SSWGs
- Support design reviews and audits
- Participate in the identification, preparation and review of problem reports, variances (waivers and deviations) and engineering changes to assess potential safety impacts
- Sufficient maturity and integrity to identify situations beyond their competency, capability and assigned scope of Engineering Authority
- Ability to work to deadlines and a flexible, determined and resourceful approach to work
- Demonstrate an active approach to tasks and problem resolution
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, subcontractors and internal stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture within the project
- Ability to work independently and balance priorities to deliver against customer and business needs
- Good knowledge of overall systems development lifecycle.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Mechanical, aerospace, mechatronics, electronic and/or electrical engineering, software degree qualified to satisfy the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Mechanical, aerospace, mechatronics, electronic and/or electrical, software engineering post graduate work experience of 4+ years
- Demonstrated professional competencies sufficient to satisfy the entry requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia (IEAust)
- Safety Engineering experience
- Systems Engineering proficient in DOORS and DOORS toolset
- Engineering product lifecycle
- Engineering change processes and configuration management
- Security Clearance:
- Defence security clearance (NV1 minimum)
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sharryn Salkilld and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au