Senior Database Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Senior Database Administrator will contribute to a program of national significance.
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Database Administrator with expertise across Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database administration to join the Central Business Function based in Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As Senior Database Administrator on the Defence Delivery Hosted Platforms team, you will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, management and ongoing maintenance and support of project and business Database Environments within BAE Systems. There is a high focus on security, resilience and continuous improvement in each area administered.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide DBA expertise across several business critical applications.
- Manage all aspects of database administration including day-to-day support issues, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, backups and recovery.
- Effectively manage installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, security and maintenance of organisation databases.
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively identify system obsolescence and provide solutions.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and procedures exist and are current for all relevant services.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive experience in enterprise environments with over 1000 servers
- SME knowledge in Oracle Database Infrastructure (12c – 19c):
- Oracle Database (Design and Maintenance, Backups, Dataguard, RAC, ASM, Exadata, ODA, Shell Scripting, Performance Tuning)
- DBA Management
- Knowledge and experience in the following Oracle systems would be an advantage:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle E-business Suite
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Middleware
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2019 would be highly regarded
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au