ROL Combat Systems Engineer | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Combat Systems Engineer to join our business based in Melbourne, Victoria. This role has some flexibility in location
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is BAE Systems Australia's hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia to develop new, world leading sovereign disruptive technologies to meet the future requirements of the Australian Defence Force. Find out more here
The Red Ochre LABS identity unites our technical experts who work across different states, sites and projects, but collectively are deeply committed to delivering world-leading strategic technology advancement.
Due to growth we are looking for a Combat Systems Engineer who has a good understanding of Systems Engineering practices, methods and problem solving in a defence context. Ideally you will have experience in Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
In this role you will:
- Define high and low level functions of Combat Systems, Mission Systems and Autonomous Systems
- Allocate functions to real world scenarios and use cases
- Develop and manage System requirements, models and documents
- Undertake System Engineering activities such requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests which will ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Independently review peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities.
- Develop an understanding of the application of the BAE Systems BMS engineering process
- Foster a culture of openness, responsibility and consistent correctness and completeness
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you will:
- Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- Have completed either a Systems, Software, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering degree
- Be able to collaborate, leveraging experience from others and digest insights from multiple perspectives
- Be confident in pushing the boundaries and trying new things, even if there is a risk of failure
- Confidently deal with ambiguity as we explore new ideas
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.