Production Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent where it counts in our Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer within our Hunter Class Maritime Australia business based in Osborne and Tonsley, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Hunter Program is the largest surface ship project in Australia's defence history. BAE Systems Maritime Australia has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian Defence supply chain over the life of the program.
The frigates will be built at the Osborne Naval Shipyard precinct in South Australia by an Australian workforce and provide Australia with a world-class, sustainable shipbuilding capability. The highly capable and versatile multi-mission frigates will support anti-submarine warfare, air defence and general-purpose operations anywhere on the world's oceans.
You can learn more about this amazing program here - https://www.baesystems.com/en-aus/what-we-do/hunter
This opportunity will see you:
- Review statutory, regulatory, project and design specifications to ensure manufacturing, and materials engineering design aspects are captured and incorporated into relevant processes and procedures.
- Identifying and managing technical risks associated with materials manufacturing in the design and execution.
- Providing specialist input in relation to materials manufacturing
- Develop plans, manuals, drawings, sketches, matrixes, control processes and non-destructive testing plans and techniques for assigned activities.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA), review records and reports, and engage with the Materials Technical Authorities for the approval. Liaise with production supervisors and operators to continuously improve operations.
- Propose possible solutions to manufacturing problems and provide technical delivery to the Technology projects outcomes and objectives, cost, schedule and quality benefits.
- Assist in providing leadership and training in business process changes with relevant stakeholders.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within Mechanical, Structural or Materials discipline.
- Sound understanding of Material properties, characteristics and their selection
- Demonstrated experience in Materials manufacturing and Welding
- Background in Additive Manufacturing would be advantageous
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills along with the drive to meet objectives
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.