Network Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunity for a Network Engineer to work on such a prestigious Australian Program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Network Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in SA-DSTG.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs. You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible - World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As the Network Engineer you will be responsible for providing engineering development and support of computer communications equipment for computing systems. This will include designing computer networking architectures, programming network equipment, network fault finding and the preparation of engineering documentation. The Network Engineer must maintain the goodwill of the Customer and BAE Systems management and perform as a competent member of the BAE Systems team.
Reporting to the Network Team Lead you will:
- Develop and implement Network changes, including creating or updating engineering documentation, drawings and associated artefacts as required/directed
- Contribute to engineering documentation for designs of future systems/projects and on occasion prototype designs
- Identify and address legacy and obsolete equipment and services as required
- Comply with engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans
- Manage and participate in fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and timely resolution of systems issues
- Travel to remote sites for periods of up to two weeks and on occasions longer if requested by management
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary Degree Qualification in either Engineering, Computer science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience to provide flexible network architectures and development service within a team environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent skills
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (desirable)
- Working knowledge in computer operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Analytical mind with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au