Windows Systems Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jul-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Add value to our growing workforce
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Windows Systems Engineer within our JORN project based in Adelaide (DSTG).
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Windows Systems Engineer, you will perform Windows development and administration of JORN project Windows systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and Level 3 support. The Windows team will also deliver as part of the Acquisition program new Windows SOEs and contribute to delivering new ICT Infrastructure, engineering applications and various automation and monitoring tools.
Reporting to the Windows Team Lead, you will:
- Design, build, and deploy Windows based solutions into the project environment
- Develop and implement technical solutions for Windows defects and enhancements
- Participate in fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and timely resolution of systems issues
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system
- Maintain, patch and develop updates and enhancements to the Windows SOE
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong and relevant industry experience in designing, developing and implementing Windows based solutions
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, planning and implementing upgrades and patches
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technology groups: Exchange, SCCM administration, SOE management, applications packaging and deployments
- Experience in effective configuration and change management control of Windows systems and environments
- Administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments
- A strong team focus and good interpersonal skills
- Whilst not essential, experience in working with Agile and Scrum processes will be an advantage
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- A willingness to provide occasional out of hours support as required coupled with a can do attitude
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au