People Advisor | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Outstanding permanent 4 day per week or 32 hours over 5 days per week opportunity for a passionate People Advisor to work within our hub of innovation and development
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging and diverse work and a great team culture
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting 4 day week or 32 hours over 5 days per week permanent opportunity for a People Advisor to work with our Red Ochre LABS business based in Melbourne.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the People Advisor, you will work collaboratively, partnering with key stakeholders to deliver people initiatives within the line of business that align to the broader business strategy. This will be a diverse role where you will be able to showcase your breadth and depth of HR generalist experience across strategic projects and core operational activities including the embedding of people strategy elements such as talent management, succession planning, workforce planning, leadership and coaching, by providing high impact support and solutions across the entire employee lifecycle. Reporting to the People Lead – you will:
- Contribute to the development of the People Organisation's strategy through the People Lead, and be responsible for supporting the deployment of this, ensuring strong alignment with the program strategy, requirements and objectives
- Work as a strategic business partner to support the development of the portfolio's workforce plan, culture plan and the implementation of the talent and succession strategy
- Coach and support leaders using your strong generalist HR experience to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, behaviours, and solutions that align to the businesses strategic direction
- Drive governance to ensure the risk of the organisation is managed for Employee Relations and Industrial Relations matters, and is compliant with the Operational Framework
- Act as a role model to drive a high performance and inclusive culture, and role model inclusive leadership that inspires and promotes BAE Systems Australia's values and the core leadership behaviours
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification or equivalent experience in a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience as a HR Advisor or comparable role with experience in managing multiple business and functional priorities
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g. workforce planning and talent management)
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with Business Units, Managers and staff
- Well established stakeholder management skills, including building relationships and effectively coaching and influencing stakeholders to deliver outcomes whilst maintaining key relationships
- Sound business acumen and the ability to operate at the strategic level
- Highly developed planning, prioritising and organisational skills, and the ability to work autonomously
- Eligibility to obtain a defence security clearance
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Team Lead Talent Acquisition – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au