Structural Engineer | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for Structural Engineers within the SEA 5000 Hunter Class project. This role can be based in Melbourne or Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As Structural Engineer you will be participating in the structural design of Naval Ships and its systems. You will be supported with appropriate trainings and mentoring to become part of a very passionate team focussed on excellence in application of technology. You will also require to apply advanced technologies like Finite Element Methods to resolve complex structural issues like designing fatigue, vibration and shock compliant products.
In particular, this role will see you:
- Develop concepts to structural problems.
- Undertake structural detailed designs to meet project requirements and in accordance with applicable Standards, Rules and Design Directives.
- Undertake checking of drawings and design artefacts.
- Undertake site inspections and verifications as required.
- Attend project meetings, present structural designs and seek accord on structural forms.
- Work effectively as part of the team and contribute towards the achievement of team goals.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors and project authorities as required.
- Incorporate post design changes as required from production department or client.
- Willing to travel domestic/international as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia.
- Have selected structural engineering related subjects in your tertiary course
- Up to 2 years of experience with Structural designs from basic principles
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis/Software
- Encourages teamwork and supports the development of team-mates capabilities
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills and the confidence to seek advice when unsure of an approach or technology
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au