Manufacturing Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Be part of the manufacturing of Australia's most complex Frigate shipbuilding endeavor
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Manufacturing Engineer within our Hunter Class Frigate Programbased in SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for providing professional engineering technical and operational support that is accurate, safe, on-time and on-budget to support project and task activities within the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will:
- Develop, validate and tailor manufacturing processes, instructions, capability sheets, handbooks and practices
- Provide engineering support to the production team in order to mature build strategy plan, the manufacturing plan and other deliverables as required
- Support the review of Hunter Class product changes and the effect on production
- Support the commissioning and prototyping activities of new Osborne Naval Shipyard as required
- Work within the wider Hunter Class Frigate team, in both the design and manufacturing phases, with team members across multiple sites in both the UK and Australia
- Support the validation and improvement of manufacturing processes and systems
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline and engineering experience enabling eligibility for admission to the Institution of Engineers Australia as a Chartered Professional is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated significant experience within a Naval / Maritime or industrial manufacturing engineering capacity. Previous shipbuilding / sustainment / manufacturing experience will be highly regarded
- Proven industry experience related to metal fabrication, equipment installation and systems integration is desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers and production personnel within the project
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au