Senior Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance across a wide range of Defence platforms (including sea, land and electronic systems)
- Opportunity to apply your business acumen in this key role supporting our high-profile Defence programs
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting as a Senior Commercial Officer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Edinburgh Park, SA. This role provides the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight full-time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be accountable for providing commercial support to assist with various project teams, including periscope, land M113, software & electronic systems to effectively manage on-going projects and new business.
More specifically you will:
- Provide advice and assist the Project Managers on all commercial nature issues and identify the need for professional input including on legal, financial and insurance matters
- Provide various programs with support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues including compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Review Customer communications and prepare correspondence, contract amendments and change proposals
- Support Customer cost and pricing analysis and coordinate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as well as provide support on major bids
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
- Be mentored and trained to exercise a significant delegation of authority to approve bids
- Enjoy future opportunities to lead and manage junior intern and graduate team members
- Demonstrated commercial experience preferably in a contract management role or in defence or engineering
- Whilst not essential, a degree qualification in law, commerce, project management or business or a certification in contract management is advantageous
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong collaborative team player and communicator with an ability to engage and influence effectively with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders and customers
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions, innovative ideas or business improvements in conjunction with other functions such as finance, engineering and project management
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially Word, Excel and Power Point
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj) – Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au