Senior Systems Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer based in our Garden Island Offices, NSW. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will work with other members of the DDG MC Engineering Team, under the direction and in support of the Platform Systems Engineering Manager. You will ensure a systems-orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities on the Hobart Class Destroyers.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop and manage System requirements, models and documents (System and Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, MBSE artefacts, etc.).
- Undertake System Engineering activities in compliance with BAE Systems Engineering Lifecycle as specified in the Business Management System (BMS). Specifically: requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification.
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose.
- Develop work statements and technically manage suppliers.
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests which will ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of Negative Vetting 1.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Significant experience within the Engineering discipline with demonstrated experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within a defence environment.
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au