ANZAC Planning Manager | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Bring your Senior Leadership expertise to this key Defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Maritime Sustainment team as a ANZAC Planning Manager based in Henderson, WA.
The ANZAC Planning Manager will be accountable for the overall project and production planning, work prep planning and materials output for the Anzac program, enabling effective and efficient production operations.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the ANZAC Planning Manager you will:
- Accountable for the Integrated Master Schedule for all scopes of work in every project and availability within the Anzac program.
- Support the delivery of the Program Schedule for the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) through recommendations and working group discussions with the key stakeholders from the Alliance.
- Accountable for the overall capability across the Project Planning, Production Planning and Work Preparation (PP&PPWP) capability including equipment, people, processes, systems and tools.
- Ensure the 12 week look ahead plan to be consistently delivered, with all required outputs produced on time.
- Prepare/present planning reports at the internal/external Performance Review meetings.
- Deliver continuous improvement through use of the lessons learned process and encouraging team members to seek out innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Maintain a focus on customer needs coupled with a desire to remove non value added activities.
- Consistently deliver the Production Plan with all required outputs produced on time.
- Ensure consistent, timely and accurate material planning across all the projects.
- Produce the short and long term labour resource forecast, in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of a Planning team based on customer satisfaction and PDR deliverables. Whilst also having a clear understanding of the required training, development needs and succession plans.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for SHE, setting high standards across all areas
- Be a positive influence and role model across all levels of the business.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Specific project management qualifications is preferable but not mandatory. Vocational/ trade qualifications or higher education qualifications in project management at degree level are highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience with Open Plan / Primavera
- Prior experience leading a multi-discipline team.
- Demonstrated schedule and cost experience is essential.
- Maritime Defence experience is preferred but not essential.
- Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) clearance or ability to receive it is desired.
- Eligible for registration/ certification with a project management peak/professional body at the appropriate level.
- Significant relevant experience in project management within an engineering organization.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with external stakeholders including customers.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au