ICT Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for 2x ICT Engineers within the Australian Hydrographic Service project. This role can be based in Adelaide, Canberra or Wollongong
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Will assist the Hydro METOC Information Environment (HMIE) project to meet its objectives across a broad range of technologies and services to the Defence's Australian Hydrographic Office (AHO) primarily based in Wollongong. The ICT network supporting over 150 end users includes on premise and cloud infrastructure, a large fleet of desktop clients, virtual server farm containing both Windows Server and RHEL and a strong roadmap to further enhance this capability. The services include engineering to design and implement new systems, technical support to resolving operational ICT and software issues, maintaining both the production system and a range of support systems, and cyber security to monitor, assess and resolve security risks and vulnerabilities.
In particular, this role will see you:
- Design and implementation of ICT engineering solutions
- Delivery of ICT projects and tasks to schedule and budget
- Provide second level help desk within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines to investigate and resolve incidents and help desk requests
- Security Patch monitoring and deployment
- Deploy builds to various environments
- Maintain support environment
- Upgrade COTS software
- Maintain ICT documentation
- Liaise with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Establish and maintain efficient communication and rapport with other team members and the AHO.
- Occasionally working outside of normal business hours (e.g. weekend, early morning or in the evening).
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Skills to perform the ICT related activities and ability to efficiently adapt and learn the skills on the job.
- Work collaboratively with the existing diverse team
- Be proactive to highlight issues and assist resolving them
- Be willing to take on further training to enhance and grow skillsets
- Have a focus to contribute to continuous process improvement
- Ability to follow project plans, procedures and company policies
- A focus and understanding of basic security principles and best practices
- Be customer focused and work professionally and honest with them
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au