Technical Risk Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Demonstrate your shipbuilding experience
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Risk Manager to join our Maritime Sustainment business unit based in Garden Island, NSW.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Technical Risk Manager, you will be responsible for developing and enacting Technical Risk Management within the Guided Missile Destroyer Systems Program Office (DDGSPO).
This role will see you exercise your engineering judgement within broad parameters in the overall interests of the DDG Project. You will work in conjunction with the Project Engineering Manager, Program Support Manager and the Compliance Assurance Manager to achieve desired outcomes.
This opportunity will see you:
- Review the DDG Technical Risk Management Plan (TRMP) presenting a plan for update to ensure it meets the requirements of the Defence Seaworthiness Management System as well as the CASG Engineering Management System (responding to findings from the AEO audits as necessary)
- Co-ordination of risk management tasks including individual risk assessments and provide support to the DDG Enterprise staff in ensuring they have the knowledge and information required to support the Technical Risk Management activities.
- Ensure updates to the risks at each stage through the EC workflow are recorded in TRMS
- Manage close out of Safety Investigations by ensuring approved investigation outcomes/recommendations have been captured in the TRMS.
- Develop and deliver, as required, training to deliver the effective management of Technical Risk in accordance with the TRMP.
- Assist with monitoring the technical activities to ensure that no unauthorized scope is implemented.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- Demonstrated experience in Risk Management
- Sound knowledge in shipbuilding
- Background in Defence/Navy preferred
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.