Mechanical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Demonstrate your Mechanical design capability in this key project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Engineer within our Maritime Sustainmentbased in Garden Island, New South Wales.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering services that are accurate, safe, and to approved standards for the development or modification of mechanical equipment, systems, structures and/ or materials.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Undertake mechanical system and/ or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Apply experience to design & develop solutions, resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
- Resolve a range of engineering issues and problems, compile technical reports and accompanying presentations
- Provide, review and adhere to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements
- Translate the mechanical system and/ or equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertake integration and validation of the mechanical system and/ or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Develops business awareness, and builds strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Undertake functional design and/ or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, regulatory and legislative requirements, and safety
- Support mechanical systems and/ or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Manage own development towards attaining Professional Engineering Standard and Chartered Professional status within a relevant professional body.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Aeronautical
- Demonstrated experience as a Professional Engineer
- Experience to be gained in developing mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Experience in the relevant engineering tools for design analysis and solution development as dependent on role
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis desirable
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au