Engineering Manager | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Engineering leadership opportunity to be part of multiple significant Defence programs, with the ability to shape and influence successful outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Engineering Manager, with the opportunity to demonstrate your engineering expertise on the Aviation Technical Training program and support the engineering leadership of other Aircraft programs. This key position will be based in either Wagga or Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales. There is also flexibility for the position to be performed from other interstate locations.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training program delivers all aviation trade training and technical manager training to the Australian Defence Force. An opportunity now exists for a talented Engineering Manager to partner with both the Aviation Technical Training program and support other aircraft programs. This rewarding position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis, will be part of inclusive and supportive teams, performing interesting and varied work.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Conduct or facilitate engineering tasking to appropriate engineering specialists for completion of engineering activities to support Aviation Technical Training capability
- Estimate, resource and deliver the engineering effort required for the technical solutions with consideration of quality, cost and schedule
- Provide engineering advice and technical oversight of training aids, training equipment and related technical designs
- Take ownership of the existing Aviation Technical Training engineering management system and support improvements to the broader Aerospace engineering capability
- Collaborate effectively with customers, internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a positive work culture
- Develop engineering tactical plans for execution of the technical aspects and formulate the technical approach of the work to be performed
- Oversee the technical aspects of design development and implementation, and contribute to the testing and commissioning of engineering solutions that support the training systems
- Drive culture of engineering best practice, efficiency and continuous improvement
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive engineering experience and a relevant tertiary engineering degree
- Aerospace industry experience and engineering leadership experience
- Engineering design development experience, innovative thinking and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivation and good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au